The Next Steps You Need To Take
The JobKeeper Payment scheme is now open for enrolment. JobKeeper Payments are designed to assist with the continued employment of employees where a business experiences a drop in turnover of 30%, more information on eligible businesses and employees can be found here.
The next steps for businesses that need to enrol for April JobKeeper payments are listed below:
- Contact your Hoffman Kelly advisor to discuss and lodge on your behalf before 30th April 2020
- Log in to the Business Portal using your myGovID
- Select ‘Manage employees’ then the link for the JobKeeper payment
- Fill in the JobKeeper enrolment form by confirming the required fields
Questions to be answered:
- Has your business turnover experienced or is likely to experience a fall in turnover of at least 30%?
- Which month does this reduction in turnover relate to?
- How many eligible employees do you have for each JobKeeper fortnight in April?
- Are you registering an eligible business participant?
- What are the business bank details for payment?
Whilst seemingly simple, there are a number of new concepts covered by these questions. The Hoffman Kelly team is here to help ensure you get the best result for your business and your employees. Businesses are required to re-assess the above questions on a regular basis so ensuring you have a clear understanding of upcoming obligations and potential financial impact for your business is critical. Contact a member of our team today…